Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Workout

Morning Workout

Joint Mobility (Intu-Flow program from Rmax)
Four Corner Balance Drill (introduced in the Intu-Flow DVDs).
Frog Stand Practice (as described in Sommer's article)
Low Back/Sacrum Viniyoga Practice

Left shoulder still hurts despite no workout over the weekend, other than yard cleanup

Day Workout (during breaks at work)
Pullups w/supinated (palms facing me) grip
1-leg squat (not directly related to the gymnastic goals, but done to build leg strength)

I actually only did 2 sets today. I'll hold off on pullups for now and let the left shoulder heal some more. Frog stand does not seem to bother it as much. I still can't hold the Frog Stand for 60 sec. straight (not even close!) but I managed to sustain a hold for more than 5 seconds a couple of times, up to the 60 sec. total work.

Tried to get into Tuck Lever but lack the ab strength to simply curl myself up into it. I'll take tomorrow off from pullups, but when I resume I'll go for static hold practice of the hanging leg lift, emphasis on the Hanging Straight Leg L, as described in Coach Sommer's article, Developing the Hanging Leg Lift. I can do a Hanging Tuck L for 10 sec hold, no problem, so I'll start with the Hanging Straight Leg L with bent knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment