Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tuesday's Training

Haven't done much lower body strength work, so decided to revisit Full KOntact KB basic drills, with double 16kg KBs.

1-leg DL x5 x2
Dragon Twist x3 x2
Weaving Side Step x5 x2
Side-Side Step x5 x2
Front-Back Step Left Lead x5 x2
Front-Back Step Right Lead x5 x2

Joint mobility during breaks between sets

Arms and shoulders sore just from supporting KBs in rack holds.

Read about a Body-Flow Kinetic Chain, recommended as a compensatory movement for high volume upper body training with KBs and CBs, on the Rmax forum. I didn't do much upper body specific work today, but the movement interested me so I decided to try it:

Long Arm Roll + Shinbox Switch + Reverse Long Arm Roll (then reverse the chain)

I did about 5 reps of the chain. Out of the 5, I succeeded in doing one continuously without interruptions in movement. Not an easy kinetic chain for me, but fun, considering I just learned the Long Arm Roll last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment