Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Elements Week 6, Day 3

Focus:  Intermediate Monkey variations

Bent-Arm Frogger seems ok - no shoulder discomfort.  High Monkey is what it is - one always wants to get closer and closer to a full cartwheel, but at least I feel stable.  180 Monkey is the one where I've struggled the most.  I think I've solved it though.  I figured out that placing my palm heel slightly behind my ankle, instead of in line with the ankle,  makes the move a lot easier to execute slowly.  I don't feel as much of a need to cheat by using momentum and timing.

For the Push Circuit, I started to slow down and just try to move beautifully instead of rushing.  I did not feel less of a workout at all by doing this; I was still getting pretty gassed, but at least the slop was cut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment