Saturday, September 28, 2024

IsoMax 6x6: Week 1

This first full week of 6x6 reminded me how taxing 6 sets of 6-second muscle contraction in the Zercer Lunge position can be. For this exercise I have the bar set to slot 7, which is low enough to set the quads, calves, and glutes at decent length, but too low. Last time I did 6x6, I had the bar set to slot 6 which lengthened the target muscles even more, but also made getting into position quite a struggle. One of the reason I haven't logged consistent progress with the Zercher Lunge was always changing bar position in attempts to find the best position for training. This time I'm leaving the bar at slot 7 for the duration.

My first Overhead Press session produced a last rep max force of 107 which was the same as my tested 1-rep max of 107 lbs. However I beat it for the next 2 sessions. This is a typical pattern for me when I do 6x6.

The Reverse Curl gave me the most problems because there an an unpleasant pinching sensation in my left thumb. Having thumb over the bar eliminated most of this sensation but hand placement seems to be the trick for avoiding that sensasion








No comments:

Post a Comment