Friday, January 26, 2024

Kettlebell ICT: Week 3 Completed

These are the kettlebell weights I used:

Session A

A1 Snatch 12kg
A2 Press 16kg

B1 Snatch 12kg
B2 Bottoms Up Goblet Squat 16kg

Session B

A1 Push Press 16kg
A2 Bottoms Up Goblet Squat 16kg

B1 Push Press 16kg
B2 Supported Row 16kg

I increased the weight to 16kg for the goblet squat and supported row. I felt more confident that my low back could handle this load for those exercises.

Compared to last week I did not always need to rest for the maximum 2 minutes between the paired A1-A2 sets. At times, I was ready to go with 5-30 seconds left on the timer I'd set to 2 minutes.

I added the following to my recovery day routine:

Tall Kneeling Arm Raises To Side - 60 seconds per side
Quadruped Sidebending - 60 seconds per side
Monkey 180/360 - 2 to 4 minutes.

These are from GMB's article on fixing shoulder restrictions: https://gmb.io/shoulder-fixes/. They are recommended for addressing my main shoulder restriction, which is the back arch when reaching overhead. While checking out the Monkey 180/360, I found that GMB recommends the 3-point Bridge so I also added that to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment