Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Kettlebell ICT Week 1 Session 1

Today I started an experimental program called Kettlebell ICT. The goals of the program are fat loss and strength gain. The program is experimental because there are no documented, pre-existing results from anyone completing the program.

I suffered a low back injury this past August while attempting an isometric seated row. My back has recovered enough that I don't fear a back spasm from something as mundane as putting on my shoes while seated, straining while sitting on the toilet, etc. However, experience has taught me to be conservative with my loading choices for the posterior chain when beginning a new exercise program, hence the choice of relatively light weight for the Snatch and Bottoms Up Goblet Squat.

This program will be a good experiment for me. I wasn't able to do much lower body training during the couple of months spent recovering from the low back injury. Then I went on a 2-week vacation for the holidays, eating a lot. This resulted in bodyfat gains, and some loss of strength.

This first session went fine, except when I attempted to press with my left arm, immediately after snatching with my left arm. Simply beginning the press set with the opposite arm after the snatch set seemed to fix the issue.

These are the kettlebell weights I used:

A1 Snatch 12kg
A2 Press 16kg

B1 Snatch 12kg
B2 Bottoms Up Goblet Squat 12kg

No comments:

Post a Comment