Saturday, March 20, 2021

Isochain Modified Promethean Mark II - Week 6 Results

The results for this week:

Shoulder Press (high angle) - Finished with a target load of 30 lbs, with max reading of 39.4.  The chain does not shake as much as it did last week.  I'm getting a more solid connection up to the bar, without thinking about jin.  I think it has something to do with not straightening the legs - probably the height of my center of gravity, even if jin is not being consciously manipulated.

Reverse Drag Curl (medium angle) -  Finished with target load of 20 lbs. with max of 27.2.  My grip is getting better.  It wasn't where I wanted it to be for the last rep, but before the last rep I was feeling stronger than before.

Deadift (high angle) - Finished with target load of 150 lbs, with max reading of 212.4.  I switched to a mixed grip, after making sure my elbow could tolerate effort with a supinated palm.  Pronated grip was actually more of an issue.  I had to flex my wrist a little in pronated grip to protect the elbow from aggravation.  If I'm lucky this won't lead to another unintended consequence but I'll see.  Barring further setback, looks like a mixed grip is the way to for further progress in this drill without aggravating the elbow.

Chest Press - Finished with target load of 30 lbs.  It took a lot of effort to get the bar to beep in Timer mode, even though I can feel my chest working hard.  I continue to struggle to get the technique just right.  The instruction is to apply pressure up and outward, but the bar also has to be in correct position - if it's rotated too much in either direction, the chain will be at the wrong angle in relation to the bar.  I looked at my training log and was surprised to see that I had not yet back-cycled in this drill.  So next week, I'll set the target load to 20lbs. 

Bent Row (medium angle) - Finished with target load of 95 lbs, with max reading of 133.  As with the deadlift, I may have to start flexing the wrist a little more for better protection of the elbow.

Zercher Squat (high angle) - Finished with target load of 190 lbs, with max reading of 248.8.   This is the one drill where I'm experiencing seemingly runaway gains in strength.  The only hitch for the 2nd session was letting the bar pull my forearms down.   This was easily fixed though by resetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment