Sunday, March 14, 2021

Isochain Modified Promethean Mark II - Week 5 Results

The results for this week:

Shoulder Press (high angle) - Finished with 6 reps at a target load of 25 lbs, with max reading of 44.4.  I gave up trying to work in jin and focused on scapula protraction.

Reverse Drag Curl (medium angle) -  Finished with target load of 15 lbs. with max of 30.2.  I have the bar set 2 links lower than where I had it set for the regular Reverse Curl, because I felt my hands were a little too high.  I stayed at the 15lb. load level because I wanted to make sure my grip stays secure during the entire set.

Deadift (high angle) - Finished with target load of 145 lbs, with max reading of 194.2. It was a challenge to maintain a grip tight enough to prevent the elbow from being aggravated.

Chest Press - Finished with target load of 30 lbs, with max reading of 43.  I had a couple of reps where the bar timer was not triggered because it wasn't reading a 30lb force from me, which in turn was because I wasn't using my chest muscles properly.  Thus I generated the target force by what feels like proper technique for 4 out of the 6 reps.  I want to do it for  6 out of 6 reps before I raise the target load.

Bent Row (medium angle) - Finished with target load of 90 lbs, with max reading of 144.  As with the deadlift, the main concern is to be able to exert the target force without aggravating the elbow.

Zercher Squat (high angle) - Finished with target load of 170 lbs, with max reading of 233.   Progress continues to be steady.  I'm not feeling DOMS in my upper back, especially around the scapula, anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment