Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rings One, Level A, Phase 2: Week 1 Report

I missed exercise this past Friday, due to being called by one of my bosses to check out an issue at work.  I also missed training the following Monday due to having to get up early to catch a flight back home.

Thus, today actually marked the end of Phase 2, Week 1, with an Above The Rings session.

I tried changing up the routine by doing the exercises in this order:

Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand
Dips
L-Sit (one leg out, one leg tucked)

The idea was to do 5 sets of the most difficult exercise first, then do the dips.  I thought that if I did the hardest one first, I'd be able to do more reps per set.  I did manage 4 reps for the first two sets, but could only manage 3 reps/set for the last three.  Because my triceps were already blasted from the first exercise, my performance in the dips was compromised.  I'm going to switch back to the prescribed order, so I can at least get more out of the dips, even if it's just one more rep per set, and thus hopefully continue building my pressing strength more productively.

Not worried about being "off schedule" in relation to the program chart.  I'm not under any pressure to complete Phase 2 within the 4 week timeframe and would be very surprised if I achieved either of the two most difficult moves in Phase 2 (Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand and full L-Sit) by the end of Week 4.  I'm not being negative here, just realistic, and the instruction manual says that it's ok to not be strictly on schedule - it's not a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment