Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Tonight's Training

Woke up with the shoulder completely pain-free and spend the rest of the day pain-free. Then in the evening took the Power Rings to the playground for this circuit:

Body Rows x6
Reverse Grip Pushups x6
Pullups (Monkey bar chain handles) x4
Leg-assisted Dips x6
Jacknife Pushups x5

Repeated 2x, with joint mobility and Body Flow practice during breaks. For my very last pullup, I tried a Polevaulter Pullup, being inspired by this video:

http://www.lifelineusa.com/site_uploads/product/video72.MPG

I made it easier by tucking my legs, but still, it felt good to finish the pullup with the little flourish.

I was interrupted during my final circuit by a couple of little boys who were drawn to the rings and wanted to play with the monkey bar. On the one hand, I do not mind encouraging kids to pursue fitness as a fun activity. On the other hand, I was really concerned about the kids hurting themselves on the rings. Next time, I will not allow them to touch the rings without permission from a parent. Managed to pry the rings away from them long enough to finish my workout at the playground with a 20-sec. support hold. When I got home I did 4 light-resistance military presses with the TNT Cable for the rehab effect.

I never tried leg-assisted dips and so did the first couple of sets in atrocious form - my shoulders did not appreciate this. For my last set, though I think I found a decent groove, because right after that, I was able to do the 20-sec. support hold. It could be that I'm just getting used to handling the stability issues imposed by the rings, but I'm sure the assisted dips helped. I do notice that this time around, instead of jumping into the support hold, I actively used my arms to press myself up into the hold, with assistance from the legs. That definitely has to be a factor

No comments:

Post a Comment