Saturday, April 23, 2005

Today's Physical Training

Took the Power Rings to the playground and did the following circuit 3 times:

Sternum Pullups 2-3 reps
Partial Flyes 3 reps
Body Rows 3-5 reps
Pushups 3-4 reps
False Grip Pullups 2-3 reps
Reverse Grip Pushups 4-5 reps
Support Holds 5 sec. x3

After the circuit, I tried a couple of the core training exercises on the Ring Strength DVD:

Jack-knife Pushups x3 x3
Ice Cream Makers x0 - I must not have the necessary upper body strength for this yet.

I then returned home and did:

TNT Cable Military Press x4 x2

Jumpstretch flexband shoulder stretches

Be Breathed Butterfly practice

After the ring training and TNT cable work, my shoulders didn't feel like they needed the stretches like they usually do, but I did them anyway. Power Rings are MUCH more forgiving than ab wheels for jackknife pushups. The TNT Cable work was affected by my upper body (especially arms and shoulders) being fatigued (but NOT pumped!) from ring work. I believe I will do my cable military presses on a different day from my ring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment