Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Iron Cardio: Weeks 1 and 2

All Iron Cardio work done with single 20kg kettlebell. The Classic sequence is 1 clean, 1 press, and 1 single front squat. Waiter Walk is Dan John style - walking for specified number of seconds with a single KB held overhead with locked-out arm.

9/21
Iron Cardio Classic 10 min. - 8 sets
1-arm swing x 4 - 10 sets

9/23
Iron Cardio Classic + Half Snatch 10 min. - 6 sets
Waiter Walk 25 seconds - 3 sets

9/25
Iron Cardio Classic 15 min. - 14 sets
Waiter Walk 30 seconds - 3 sets

9/28
Iron Cardio Classic 15 min. - 12 sets
Some half snatch practice

9/30
Iron Cardio Classic + Half Snatch 15 min. - 8 sets
Waiter Walk 35 seconds - 3 sets

10/2
Iron Cardio Classic 20 min. - 16 sets

I figure when I average 1 set per minute or better doing the Classic sequence, it will be time to change my Iron Cardio programming. This idea is based on the one of the Iron Cardio discussion threads on the StrongFirst forum, in which a 2 set per minute performance goal is mentioned for moving up a KB weight. I extrapolated from that bit of info that if I can do 1 set per minute, I should be ready to attempt any Iron Cardio variation in which I do 2 presses. Before I started Iron Cardio, my press rep max was about 2, so I knew I couldn't do any variation that asked me to do more than 1 press at a time. In any case, for Week 3 I'll continue with the program of Classic on the easy day, Classic + Half Snatch on the hard day, and Classic + 5 min. on the medium day.

Korean Ground Turkey recipe came out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment