Friday, January 08, 2021

Isochain Modified Promethean Week 1

Week 1 under the modified Promethean program is complete.  Ok, it's only 2 sessions since I rebooted Promethean under the modified exercise selection on Wednesday, but who's counting?

Shoulder Press - Shoulder continues to feel better.  Technique continues to improve.  I did 6 reps of 6 seconds at target load of 45 lbs.  I did cause the timer to reset on my first rep, but was able to hold until the timer completed a 6-second count after resetting. 

Reverse Curl - Starting to get the hang of this unfamiliar curl variation a little more.  With straight wrists instead of extended wrists, it is easier to wrap the fingers around the bar for a more secure grip.  Because the bar is not resting on the palms, there are sweet spots on the bar that must be found, for the hands to grip the bar so that the wrists do not feel bent sideways in an uncomfortable way.  Not feeling any of the golfer's elbow muscles firing, so I must be doing something right.

Hack Lift - 150lbs was no problem, but because of the low back scare last Monday, I'm not going to rush advancing in load.  Per the manual's double progression guidelines, I'll do another session at 150lbs but with 5 reps.  Today I did 4 reps.

Because of the low back scare, I took extra time to warm up and ensure the low back is warmed up and not too tight for the start of Isochain training.  Taking into account what I learned about Thomas Kurz's thoughts on high-rep, low resistance movements, I did more reps than usual.  

My warmup included:

  • Amosov-style squats - go up to balls of feet at the bottom of the squat.  About 20 reps.  It was almost 1 min. of work so for next session I'll just set a timer to 1 min. 
  • RMT Club Shoulder to Shoulder Swings - 30s each side grip
  • Front Kick, alternating legs - 30s

The cooldown included:

  • GMB Quadraped Scapula circles - 30 reps each direction
  • Wall Dog - 30 sec.
  • GMB Spine Circles - 30 reps each direction 
  • Hang Pose about 45 sec.
  • GMB Child Pose-Cobra movement - about 20 reps
  • Cobra Pose - about 40 sec.
  • GMB Supine Hip Circles - 30 reps per leg, per side
  • Frogger stretch, but light - not too intense

I omitted the brachial hang to allow those golfers elbow muscles to rest.  I'm also taking a break from playing guitar because of golfer's elbow and working more on keyboard/synth stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment