Tuesday, September 06, 2016

R1 Training Update

For yesterday's training session, I attempted a Tuck Hold to Tuck Shoulder Stand on the rings.  I'm still unable to move all the way into the Tuck Shoulder Stand, but I am able to move closer to that position than I was before I started practicing the equivalent movement on the parallettes.  I seem to have the strength to roll from the Tuck Hold to an intermediate position in which my torso is parallel to the ground - almost a Frog Stand/Crow Pose on the rings - before, I would lose control and have to bail out.

On the parallettes, I've progressed to 4 reps/set of this move in decent form.  There's still room for improvement, but it's better quality than when I first started practicing it on the parallettes - I still remember how shaky my form was and only being able to do one rep per set.

The updated L-Sit tutorial by GMB advises L-Sit training at least 3 times a week.  This is the first week in which I will attempt to practice it 5 times in one week.  Hopefully this will speed up my progress towards a a full L-Sit.  I'm not in a desperate rush got achieve it, but I cannot progress to Phase 3 without it.  Not being able to do it is also holding me back from progress in P1, as 2 exercises at the next phase (L-Sit Thrust and Single Arm Straddles) both require ability to do the L-Sit.  I'll practice the full Above The Rings session just 3 days a week to avoid overtraining.

I also plan to practice pistol squats 5 times this week, to try to reach my goal of being able to do 6 reps/set for 3 sets in good form for one session.

No comments:

Post a Comment