Thursday, May 26, 2016

Rings One, Level A, Phase 2 Update

Not much to report, really, other than slow but steady progress in Rings One.  I still enjoy substituting the Inverted Press-Pushup superset for the Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand, and holding the Tuck Sit for much longer than the prescribed 3-5 seconds, which I've suspected is just not long enough to progress.  GMB recently updated Parallettes One and one of the updates was to have the trainee work on up to a 60-sec. hold in the Tuck Sit on the P-bars.  I'm getting a bit closer to doing a 30-second hold, with my best hold time in the 22-24 second range.  My rough guess is that my progress in the L-Sit will be tied to my progress in the Inverted Press-Pushup superset as these moves all work the abs.

I've been practicing pistol squats on my Below Rings days.  Today I hit a PR with 3 sets of 6 reps per leg.  Last week I tried an exercise for strengthening the internal hip rotators but missed the part in the instruction about this exercise being for those who don't practice single-leg squats like... the pistol squat!  That internal hip rotator exercise will benefit quite a few people I'm sure, but the soreness from practicing this exercise compromised my performance in the pistol squat, so I dropped the other exercise for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment