Friday, January 08, 2016

Elements Week 3, Day 5 - This is where I will pick up when I get back to it

What happened Tuesday was I had a morning appointment with my ophthalmologist - the one who operated on my eye.  He found two new holes in my retina on the left side.  Surgery to repair the new holes is scheduled for early next week.

As mentioned a while back, I was under doctor's orders to avoid any strenuous activity, including strenuous exercise, so that the pressure in my eyeball would not rise to dangerous levels.  While I felt I could perform the exercises in the Elements program without any dangerous strain, I decided to stop the program.  There is still a lot I do not know or understand about the eye, especially the retina, other than a blow to the head can cause retinal detachment.  So while I suspect Elements poses little risk to the retina, I don't want to take any chances at all.

The doctor advised me to keep my head in a sort of tilted nod position, so that the bubble that is already inside the eye will be pressed against the new holes.  The idea is that the pressure of the bubble on the holes might cause them to heal themselves.  I suspect though, this is like the Hail Mary Pass in American football - you take a shot despite low chance of success, just because you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment