Sunday, September 13, 2015

Parallettes One, Level B, Phase 1: Week 14 Report

Ok I skipped a couple of weeks but here's my progress as of Week 14 - looks like I regressed a bit compared to Week 11.

Progress on Workout 1 Exercises 


Plank Push-Ups - 7 reps

Plank Jump to Dip -  10 reps/set

Battle Rams (Version 2) - 10 reps/set.

Tuck Hold -  4 sec. tuck hold, followed by 4 sec. per leg when keeping one leg tucked and extending the other as far forward as possible.

Mt. Climber Holds -  10 reps max.  Holding plank between reps decreased total reps.

Progress on Workout 2 Exercises


Tuck Swing to Top Plank - 10 reps max.

One Leg Shoulder Stand Hold - 10 sec. hold range per leg.

Tuck Swings - 12 reps.

Assisted Inverted Presses -  8 reps.

Dive Bombers Standard - 10 reps.

One advice I have read is to change training programs once in a while.  I am considering switching back to Rings One.  It depends on which skill I achieve first on the parallettes:

a. Unsupported shoulder stand (both feet completely off the ground).  I will consider this accomplished if I can lift the supporting foot off the floor in the One Leg Shoulder Stand Hold, and maintain this hold for at least 3 sec. with the "supporting foot" off the floor, even if it's just an inch above the floor.

b. Full L-sit

I feel like I am closer to achieving a. above than b.  If I accomplish a. I will switch back to Rings One at Level A, Phase 2, because the inability to do an unsupported shoulder stand was stalling my progress there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment