Monday, September 14, 2015

Parallette One, Level B, Phase 1, Workout 2 progress - really good session today.

I tried lifting the supporting foot from the ground while in the One-Legged Shoulder Stand Hold.  At first, I was unable to do so.  Then, I got the foot off the ground, but I must have made some sort of kicking motion to do it, and in doing so, caused my hips to move too far over my head, so that I ended up doing a sort of sloppy cartwheel.  Fortunately, my feet touched the floor first, so that I was unhurt.  I feel like I am very close to achieving a shoulder stand.  My strength is almost there.  I just need to get the balance right.

I performed a maximum of 10 reps per set - my new PR - of the Assisted Inverted Press, which seems to train a lot of the same muscles involved in the shoulder stand.

In the beginning of this video, someone shows both the tuck and straight leg shoulder stand on the parallettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment