8/24
The Giant 16kg - 42 total reps - this began my new training block of The Giant 1.2. The hope is that this block will result in an increase in my 20kg clean+press rep max from 2.
16kg KB Waiter Walk - 3x40s
8/25
Sore Joint Solution practice:
Supine Level 3 - 10 breaths, 10 nods, 10 head rotations - diaphragmatic breathing warmup
Side Lying Level 3 - 7 breaths per side, rest as needed, then 20 neck rotations per side, then and 20 nods per side
Phase 2 practice - was able to sit in straddle with straight legs right away, but not with uprlight torso. I started leaning back my torso with my hands behind me. I used diaphragmatic breathing to pull up my torso, with assistance from arms
I reread GMB's article on hanging exercises and was inspired to try assisted single arm active hang. I was able to hang for 20 sec. on each arm. I then tried active hang and managed around 30 sec. I later repeated this mini-circuit. I've done a log of hangig in the past couple of years, but it was all passive hang to decompress my shoulders and stretch the lats. Single arm hang should deliver more strength and mobility gains for the shoulder, as well as greater grip strength gains compared to 2-arm hangs. However, I hurt my shoulder swinging on monkey bars years ago. When you swing on monkey bars, you're doing single arm hangs. So it seems best to work towards the active version of singel arm hang first, then try passive single arm hang later.
I also did 2 sets of 2 assisted pistols to go with the active hang practice.
For cooldown I did my usual hamstring mobility routine.
8/26
The Giant 16kg - 45 total reps
My suspect left shoulder kind of fell out of place on the final set of clean+press. Maybe it's because the muscles I use to hold the shoulder in place were too fatigued after the previous sets I'd done? I had to break up the final set into doubles and triples. I did doubles because the shoulder slipped out of place after the 2nd rep and hurt too much for the 3rd rep. I managed some triples because the shoulder stayed in place for the third rep.
8/27
Sore Joint Solution practice:
Supine Level 2 - 10 breaths, 10 nods, 10 head rotations - diaphragmatic breathing warmup
Side Lying Level 3 - 7 breaths per side, rest as needed, then 25 neck rotations per side, then and 22 nods per side
Phase 2 practice - Did 30 breaths, 30 nods and 30 head rotations in Position 5, Level 1, so I can move up to Position 5, Level 2.
8/28
The Giant 16kg - 48 total reps
16kg KB Waiter Walk - 2x40s
No comments:
Post a Comment